Finance Department Assistant
Status: Full time, Non Exempt
Wage: $12.00 – $14.00 DOE
*YOU MUST SUBMIT APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION.
The Finance Department Assistant, under the direction of the Finance Department Manager, is responsible for assisting in the processing of some of the functions the Finance Department including filing and courier needs. Minimum 1 year work experience in Medical Office environment
Principle Duties And Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
Filing of accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, billing and other documentation in a confidential manner:
- Billing (Accounts Receivable)
- Sorting of Billing Slips
- Assisting Medical Billers in the electronic billing process
- Filing of medical billing
- Maintain physical client medical billing files
- Mailing of client invoices
- Cash Receipts
- File copies of receipts into client file
- Maintain pink receipts
- Process Quest benefits monthly
- Copy all grant and contract receipts to the grant/contract files
- Courier Runs for documents between the department programs, post office, banks, etc.
- Assist with preparing grant proposals
- Assist in annual agency audit preparation
- Participate in appropriate meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills-Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to follow through to completion by written desk procedures and verbal instructions
- Must be able to ask questions for clarification of processes.
- Acceptable written and verbal communication skills, and be able to use those skills in effective communication with other employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions in an efficient manner.
- Self-motivated, strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on full responsibility of job duties listed above.
- Ability to work as a team member of the Finance Department.
- Ability to adhere to established work schedule.
- Ability to physically tolerate sedentary job, and work with computers and other equipment for several hours per day.
Education And Work Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in Medical Office environment
- Operational knowledge of office equipment copiers, scanners, fax machines, postage machine, etc.
- Must have a personal vehicle and valid Alaska Driver’s License and Auto Insurance coverage.